CURRENT HANDSFREE EXAM/ CURBSIDE APPOINTMENTS / DROP OFF POLICY:
In order to continue to keep our community safe. Day Creek Animal Hospital will be offering a new type of appointment to our clients who may be immunocompromised, elderly or are concerned.
What this means to you as a client.
- Hands Free Appointment Available/ Curbside appointments
- All hands free appointments will be given an appointment, similar to a regular office exam one of our Doctors will see your Pet.
- Please call as you are arriving and a team member will meet you and your pet at your car when you arrive.
- The team member will collect your pet and return the non essential belongings like leash and collar.
- You may wait in your vehicle while the doctor is examining your pet
- All communication and transaction will be done over the phone.
- Please be ready for the doctor's call within 30 minutes of your scheduled time to discuss the exam and treatment plan.
- Once the examination and treatments have been completed you may pay over the phone by debit or credit card.
- If you're paying in cash a team member will take payment from you at your vehicle with invoice and bring receipt to you.
- A Team member will return your pet to you along with any medication and or invoices at your vehicle
- We do ask that you please keep in mind your pets temperament ie. that is fearful,nervous, or aggressive
Although our hospital has always engaged in the best infection control measures, we have notched it up a bit considering current challenges during the pandemic we are all dealing with. In addition to the routine measures, we are now disinfecting a few times throughout the day, including every surface and working area. The employees regularly wash hands for at least 20 seconds throughout the day with warm water and soap, specifically before eating, and are avoiding close contact with others, such as shaking hands, and staying at least 6 feet from others. We are frequently cleaning and
disinfecting commonly used surfaces (countertops, keyboards, door knobs, faucets, and stethoscopes). We are revising these protocols every day based on the latest information available.
At this time, we ask your co-operation to ensure everyone’s safety. We ask that if you have symptoms of acute respiratory illness, you should self-quarantine or seek medical attention as stated by the CDC. Please refrain from entering our offices or bringing your pet to the office if:
- You have a fever, cough, or are sneezing or
- You have flu-like symptoms or
- You have exposure to people or locations with documented COVID-19 cases in the past three weeks.
COVID-19 AND YOUR PETS:
We have received some calls regarding safety of your pets during the outbreak.
Your pet is not at risk for being infected with COVID-19. The CDC has reported no COVID-19 cases in pets in the USA. The Hong Kong weak positive dog case has no symptoms and the test cannot distinguish samples with intact viruses from fragments of the RNA. It is possible that dogs, like all objects, may be a location to find the virus. Please practice basic hygiene. Wash your hands with soap and water after handling or walking your pets. If you’d like to take extra precaution, you can wipe down your pets with disposable baby wipes after their walks. Contact us if you need further advice.
We thank everyone for their understanding and patience during this difficult time. Day Creek animal hospital is committed to providing quality care for your and our staff.
Day Creek Animal Hospital